Overnight closures for North Devon Link Road resurfacing
Posted on: 8 February 2019
A series of overnight closures will be in place on the North Devon Link Road during the remaining weeks of the major resurfacing scheme near Tiverton.
The contraflow system which is currently in place on the A361, from east of Gornhay Cross to west of Sampford Peverell, while work is carried out on the westbound carriageway, will switch over to the other side this weekend (Saturday 9 February and Sunday 10 February).
On Saturday night (9 February), the westbound carriageway will be closed from 8pm to 1am, between Sampford Peverell and Gornhay. From 1am to 6am, the westbound carriageway will re-open with the eastbound side closing.
Between 7pm and 7am on Sunday night (10 February), the eastbound carriageway will be closed from Gornhay to Sampford Peverell.
During the daytime, the contraflow system will remain in place on the westbound carriageway.
There will be overnight closures from 7pm to 7am from the evenings of Tuesday 26 February to Thursday 28 February, when the Eastbound carriageway will be closed between Gornhay and Sampford Peverell.
On Friday 1 March, the eastbound carriageway will be closed from Gornhay to Junction 27 from 8pm to 6am. The contraflow is expected to be removed on Sunday 3 March.
Once the contraflow has been lifted, the traffic management for the final few weeks of the scheme involves –
– The outside lanes (lane two) will be closed on each carriageway from Monday 4 March to Friday 8 March.
– On the evenings of Monday 4 March and Tuesday 5 March, from 8pm to 6am, the westbound carriageway will be closed from Junction 27 to Gornhay for resurfacing and road marking work.
– Each night from Wednesday 6 March to Friday 8 March, between 7pm and 7am, the westbound carriageway will be closed from Sampford Peverell to Gornhay to continue resurfacing.
– Overnight on Monday 11 March, there will be separate closures, closing one carriageway at a time, between Sampford Peverell and Gornhay. Initially, the westbound carriageway will be closed until 1am, before switching over to the eastbound side until 7am.
– On the evenings of Tuesday 12 March and Wednesday 13 March, from 8pm to 6am, the eastbound carriageway will be closed from Gornhay to Junction 27. On Thursday 14 March and Friday 15 March, the westbound side will be closed from 8pm to 6am between Junction 27 and Gornhay.
There may also be intermittent, temporary lane closures during the daytime, as and when they are needed between Monday 4 March and Friday 15 March.
Contractor Mildren Construction is undertaking the scheme on behalf of Devon County Council.
For more information and details of diversion routes during the overnight closures visit https://new.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/traffic-information/roadworks/tiverton-eastern-urban-extension/ and to sign up for updates for this scheme please go to a361.today.
Posted in: Environment