Update: A379 Bitton Park Road, Teignmouth
Posted on: 20 February 2019
A water leak and potential drainage issues have been discovered during improvement work close to the Shaldon Bridge junction on the A379 Bitton Park Road in Teignmouth.
We are talking to South West Water about fixing the problem during the existing overnight road closure planned for the improvement scheme.
However, this means Shaldon Bridge will closed for an additional two nights, from 7pm until 7am on Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th February.
In addition, the overnight road closure on Friday (22nd) will be in place later than advertised. The road will close at 11pm rather than 7pm to coordinate with the planned work taking place in Kingskerswell on the A380 South Devon Highway, which is part of the official diversion route. Shaldon Bridge will remain open.
Closure timetable for the coming days:
- Tonight (Wednesday 20th Feb): A379 closure as planned (7pm – 7am). Shaldon bridge closed.
- Thursday (21st Feb): A379 closure as planned (7pm – 7am). Planned closure of Shaldon bridge (depending on progress it is possible the bridge could be open if work has been completed – residents are advised to refer to closure and diversions signs).
- Friday (22nd Feb): A379 closure later than planned at 11pm rather than 7pm. Shaldon Bridge open.
- Saturday (23rd Feb): No closure.
- Sunday (24th Feb): No closure.
- Monday (25th Feb): A379 closure as planned (7pm – 7am). Shaldon Bridge closed.
- Tuesday (26th Feb): A379 closure as planned (7pm – 7am). Shaldon Bridge closed.
It is possible the road could be reopened before 7am, but this is at the contractor’s discretion and will be reviewed on a night by night basis based on the progress of work.Posted in: